The first responders who saved a 3-year-old boy from a burning mortgage team

The West Allis first responders who rescued a 3-year-old boy from his burning house tell their story only to WISN 12 News. it is quite another to live it. “It’s stressful, a lot of emotions. You want to jump in there. You want to catch it,” Officer Caleb Hoff said. Four West Allis police officers and a firefighter were the ones who rescued MJ Sancinati-Struck as his house climbed. in flames on Sunday. “Have any of you ever had to jump into a burning building?” WISN 12 News reporter Hillary Mintz asked. They all said “no”. Ryan Schultz arrived first. “The entrance to the house was completely covered in flames. I was told he was in the back bedroom,” Schultz said. “I went to the back window and started breaking it with my truncheon.” Without hesitation, they lifted Officer Jordan Cooper inside. “Can you see the boy?” Mintz asked. “Yeah, I could see it at first,” Cooper said. But conditions have intensified. was that moment just like trying to get him to come to the window?” Mintz asked. “You felt almost helpless, you couldn’t get in there and grab him,” Hoff said. Lt. Firefighter Daniel Rohde ripped the window frame off and climbed in. “Saw MJ was able to locate the door. We had a fire in the hallway. I made sure I could secure that door right away. Then, once the door was secure, I went to grab MJ and handed him over to the officer,” Rohde said. Hoff then ran MJ to the ambulance. He was alert,” Hoff said. “Your adrenaline is going. We got him to the rig.” MJ is still in the hospital but is now alert and on the road to recovery. His mother expressed her immense gratitude. “I just want to thank them and hug them for saving my child,” MJ’s mother, Noelle Guy, said. Officers recognize their teamwork. save, and that’s a big win for everyone,” Schultz said. The boy’s grandmother is also in hospital in a coma.

The West Allis first responders who rescued a 3-year-old boy from his burning house tell their story only to WISN 12 News.

It’s one thing to watch the heroic and emotional rescue of the 3-year-old boy. it is quite another to live it.

“It’s stressful, a lot of emotions. You want to jump in there. You want to catch it,” Officer Caleb Hoff said.

Four West Allis police officers and a firefighter were the ones who rescued MJ Sancinati-Struck as his home caught fire on Sunday.

“Have any of you ever had to jump into a burning building?” asked WISN 12 News reporter Hillary Mintz.

They all said “no”.

Officer K9 Cpl. Ryan Schultz arrived first.

“The entrance to the house was completely covered in flames. I was told he was in the back bedroom,” Schultz said. “I went to the back window and started breaking it with my truncheon.”

Without hesitation, they lifted Officer Jordan Cooper inside.

“Could you see the boy?” Mintz asked.

“Yeah, I could see it at first,” Cooper said.

But conditions have intensified.

“The gear and the smoke was a lot, so that’s when they pulled me out,” Cooper said.

They kept trying.

“What was that moment like just trying to get her to the window?” Mintz asked.

“You felt almost helpless, you couldn’t get in and get it,” Hoff said.

Fire Lieutenant Daniel Rohde ripped off the window frame and climbed inside

“Saw MJ was able to locate the door. We had a fire in the hallway. I made sure I could secure that door right away. Then, once the door was secure, I went to grab MJ and put it back to the officer,” Rohde said. .

Hoff then ran MJ to the ambulance.

“I try to make sure he was alert,” Hoff said. “Your adrenaline is going. We brought it to the platform.”

MJ is still in the hospital but is now alert and on the road to recovery. His mother expressed her immense gratitude to him.

“I just want to thank them and hug them for saving my child,” said Noelle, MJ’s mother.

Officers recognize their teamwork.

“The firefighters and the police got together, made a good stop and it’s a big win for everyone,” Schultz said.

The boy’s grandmother is also hospitalized in a coma.

Firefighters believe the fire started outside the house from an extension cord.